[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jun 24 06:08:56 UTC 2016

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> I’ve been doing SMT assembly for 40 years. I have never ever seen anybody
> with a process  that “just worked”. They all involve some amount of fine
> tuning and design optimization.

As an example...  I remember supplying dead chips to the fab house so they
could calibrate their setup without using real chips.  The context was large
ceramic BGAs.  We were an early customer.  Working chips were scarce.
Everybody involved seemed to know about that trick.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.