[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Fri Jun 24 14:20:28 UTC 2016

Take a look at the oven at http://whizoo.com/buy . They sell several kits as
well as a complete kit to modify a toaster oven, and a ready-to-go oven for
$699, shipping included.  According to the web site, it uses a B&D model
T01303SB toaster oven, capable of handling an 8"x10.5" board.
The oven and controller, as shipped, is calibrated for lead-free solder, but
if requested, he can recalibrate for any solder paste, so long as you
provide the manufacturer's reflow requirements.
The controller firmware is open source.

ControLeo2 specifications and features
  a.. ATmega32u4 microcontroller with Arduino Leonardo boot loader
    a.. 32Kb Flash memory
    b.. 2.5Kb SRAM
    c.. 1Kb EEPROM
  b.. LCD display - 2 lines x 16 characters.
  c.. 4 relay outputs - relays are connected using screw terminals or the
6-pin relay header (4 outputs, +5V, GND). The outputs provide up to 220mA at
5V. The outputs support connections to solid-state relays (SSRs) or
mechanical relays
  d.. Buzzer - 80db at 10cm
  e.. 2 momentary switches - for user input.
  f.. ABS plastic case - custom fit, flame-retardant (UL94-5VA)
  g.. MAX31855KASA thermocouple - capable of reading temperatures
from -200°C to 1350°C using a k-type thermocouple.
  h.. Input voltage: 5V (USB or screw terminals) - For reliability and
longevity, the screw terminals should be used to power ControLeo2. For
solid-state relays, the 500mA provided by USB is sufficient to power
ControLeo2 and the relays. For mechanical relays please use a 1000mA 5V
power supply connected to the screw terminals.
  i.. Pre-loaded software - Reflow Wizard
Looks like a pretty decent project.  I've no connection with the seller... I
found this project after getting intrested in this thread.

Cheers,
Dave M