[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping board

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:55:30 UTC 2016

I've done a over one  hundred boards with a Kapton stencil without any problems (0603 size parts)  and 50 boards with a stencil cut out of vellum paper (a plasticized paper available at craft stores,  red cuts very well with 405nm lasers) by my home-made laser cutter head for a desktop CNC mill.   I've never worn one out or ripped one... YMMV.   I'd probably go with stainless steel for something with tiny BGA's,  but have done chip-scale IC packages with paper stencils.  It's only recently that small stainless steel stencils have become easily available and cheap.