[time-nuts] Impact of GPS antenna height measurments

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:13:10 UTC 2016

Are you sure that both you and the GPS are using the same sea level
reference?   The GPS is likely using WGS-84.  How did you manually measure
the antenna hight?   Note that almost all topographic maps in the US were
made long before 1984

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Mark Barettella via time-nuts <
time-nuts at febo.com> wrote:

> Using auto survey mode my gps antenna height is significantly off.  I
> estimate my antenna’s actual height at about +5 m high and the gps
> indicates -17 m.
> My question is will this adversely influence the accuracy of the gpsdo
> output?  Would there be any benefit to adjust this manually via the scpi
> commands?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Windows 7 Pro SP1  64 bit