[time-nuts] Impact of GPS antenna height measurments

mkperrett mkperrett at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:09:17 UTC 2016

How long did you get your self survey time to?If you have the time, use the 171000 minutes which is just under 48 hours and that should be much more accurate. The other possibility is that you have your mask angle too low for timing all you need is a mask angle of 15 degrees or greater to prevent multipath and other items like that.Michael
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Barettella via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com> Date: 6/26/16  6:02 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: time-nuts at febo.com Subject: [time-nuts] Impact of GPS antenna height measurments
Using auto survey mode my gps antenna height is significantly off.  I estimate my antenna’s actual height at about +5 m high and the gps indicates -17 m.
My question is will this adversely influence the accuracy of the gpsdo output?  Would there be any benefit to adjust this manually via the scpi commands?

Thanks,

Mark

Windows 7 Pro SP1  64 bit

GPScon-JLT v 2.007