[time-nuts] Datum Starloc II GPSDO issues

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 17:09:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-29 10:00 AM, Mark Sims wrote:
> I don't think so.  The day and year is there, only the month is 0.   The guy selling them has them available in sealed factory case lots.  They look new.  They are in sealed anti-static bags.  My guess is they came from somebody's  product line closeout.
> I did notice that several of their messages make liberal use of fields that Trimble marks "reserved".

Was yours in a sealed bag?  Looking at the auctions, they're described
as 'New in open bags' or 'may have been opened'.  If I was the
suspicious sort (oh wait, I am!) I'd suspect that there was a complete
changeout of all units with fresh ones from the factory - perhaps due to
one or more of the bugs you've found - and the ones being sold are the
bad ones that were replaced and then junked.  If there are any that are
sealed, they might be leftover good units. If you look for pictures of
the Starloc II, it's a box with, probably, two boards; this one and a
power converter, similar to the 'retail' version of the Thunderbolt.  It
seems odd that a distributor would have a boxful of just this board.

Ed