[time-nuts] Best Rubidium Frequency Standard

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Sun Mar 13 08:37:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

OK, so I'm about to show the limitations of my knowledge :)

Bob Wrote:

On 11/03/16 22:51, Bob Camp wrote:

> If your target is something like a microwave radio, many Rb’s are
 > “challenged” in terms of phase noise and/or spurs. Some sort of
 > cleanup will be needed for almost all of them.

Are some models particularly better than others at either phase noise
or spurs ? If so, do we know which ones ? Or is it more a case by case
basis (damage/maltreatment not with standing...) ?

Also, are we "simply" talking LPF/HPF/BPF precautions here ? Or would
folks advise doing other things as well ? The microwave radio isn't
going to care about delay through any filter [assuming that delay stays
constant of course] (Different on the timing side of course)

(I looked at the 10MHz output from the KS24361 boxes that Bob posted
on here, with all the multiples, and brain simply screamed LPF. Saw
the sub harmonic, and it shouted HPF at me!)

Iain