[time-nuts] PTP Grandmaster Clock using Macro Sniffing

Vlad time at patoka.org
Wed Mar 23 19:36:40 UTC 2016

Hello,

Today I woke up with an idea to search the resources about PTP
Grandmaster Clock building.

However, its appeared, only commercial solutions is available now. Its
pretty common to see several NTP implementation using various HW (GPS is
most frequent now)
But almost no "home-brew" projects for PTP GrandMaster clocks. I would
assume its too complex or just "geek toy" which has no sense to build.

Also, I am interesting if anybody tried  Macro Sniffing (sensing and
slaving to external macrocell broadcasts) for the time synchronization.

--
WBW,

V.P.