[time-nuts] GPS position

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon May 2 11:38:09 UTC 2016

--------
In message <CAF7oPz3KxSA-Vde80PxHzbPWYBwSiU-nRzYQBvh+5obu8t7ejQ at mail.gmail.com>
, Joseph Gray writes:

>Would using a modern GPS, like a uBlox, and averaging for quite a
>while produce acceptable coordinates to manually enter into all of the
>GPSDO's? Of course the uBlox would be on the same splitter and antenna
>as the other units during the averaging.

So I played with this a long time ago, and massively averaging still
does not give you the coords you want, because they are affected
by the same disturbances you want to eliminate.

A better strategy is to stare at the residuals for each satelite and
see where to move:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/raga/sneak/