[time-nuts] GPS position

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon May 2 23:53:19 UTC 2016

Nick,

Comparing the coordinates from the different units, I'm seeing about
an 8 ft spread in latitude and about 3 ft in longitude. The elevation
is much worse - about a 30 m spread. All units are on the same antenna
and splitter.

I used this calculator:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/degreelenllavcalc.html

These numbers are from self surveys at different times. I will soon be
doing a major overhaul of the shelf that holds that equipment. When I
do, I'll have all units start a survey at the same time to see how
much of a difference it makes. I have three different model GPSDO's,
although all of them are HP varients (even the Lucent).

Joe Gray
W5JG