[time-nuts] Optical transfer of time and frequency

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:12:42 UTC 2016

Not stable enough unfortunately. An ageing rate of a few parts in 10^12 per
day is typical, which translates to 100 ns. You could be brave and model
that as linear frequency drift to predict the time offset to the required
0.5 ns or so but I suspect that it could be a very frustrating exercise. We
operate a large number of rubidiums and sudden changes in frequency are
quite common.

Cheers
Michael.