[time-nuts] laser as clock source

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:55:48 UTC 2016

(replying to myself here) ... one other way to use a laser as a clock
is to use a pulsed laser like a frequency comb, where the pulse period
is locked to an external reference like a Cs. A system like this has
been used for synchronization along a particle accelerator beamline,
to give one example.

Cheers
Michael