[time-nuts] Temperature controlled TCVCXO -->> Random eBay oscillators.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun May 15 03:03:23 UTC 2016

HI

There are a couple of forks in this one:

If it’s a commercial (or even a kit) product, doing it with surplus parts probably isn’t a great idea. The shock
is going to be doing a low volume run at commercial prices. There really isn’t any way around that.

If it’s for a basement project there are a couple of alternatives. The best (in my mind) is to buy the oscillators
first and make sure they do what you need to do. This fits pretty well with the eBay “here today gone tomorrow”
sort of supply process. When the “good ones” are identified, buy a reasonable inventory and then design the
gizmo.

Bob