[time-nuts] Cs jr.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue May 17 11:34:03 UTC 2016

Hi

Take a careful look at the specs on the SA.31M before you buy one. It
may or may not be what you are looking for in terms of stability and
temperature range.

We do live in a “no free lunch” sort of world. There will always be
tradeoffs in any design. It’s an amazing part, they did a lot in a small
package with very little power. There were tradeoffs.

The CSAC behaves like a gas cell device (similar to a Rubidium) rather
than a beam cell device. That’s because it *is* a gas cell that just happens
to use Cs rather than Rb. The performance of a 5071 comes more from
the beam cell approach than from the Cs in this case.

Bob