[time-nuts] CSAC Performance - Symmetricom vs Microsemi

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue May 17 19:32:49 UTC 2016

On 5/17/16 10:28 AM, Brent wrote:
> Since CSAC's just popped up on the radar, has anyone measured the
> performance of the CSAC since the acquisition by Microsemi and compared it
> to the performance of CSAC's previously produced by Symmetricom?

I don't know that there's any difference per-se..
I heard that they had some failures in the field, and that triggered a
radical reduction in the temperature range on the data sheet.

Whether it was a manufacturing "lose the recipe" or one of those
"accelerated life isn't like real life" or whatever, I've not heard
anything.