[time-nuts] GENIUS by Stephen Hawking (PBS TV), with 5071A cesium clocks

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Thu May 19 05:53:32 UTC 2016

Well, Tom, you did get an active part in the show, and Stephen Hawking
credited your worldwide reputation. Wow.

You even sounded as natural as the actors used to give emotional depth
to a science story.

What troubles me is that we have the instruments to detect a 20
nanosecond difference in atomic clocks, but we have no way of measuring
the effect on living cells. At least, not until we have devices that
will transport us near the speed of light.

Meanwhile, here I am on the third floor of a retirement community,
possibly living faster than those on the first floor.
Not that it approaches a significant fraction of a second per year; it's
the principle of the thing.

:-)

Bill Hawkins