[time-nuts] HP5065A environmental sensitivities

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu May 19 11:40:15 UTC 2016

Hi

One advantage of doing all the compensation off of a single sensor is that
*if* there are cross effects and *if* you can characterize them, you can
correct them out. Put another way, if the pressure reading changes by
0.01% per C, having a reasonable idea of the temperature of the sensor lets
you take care of that.

Things like sensor drift and sensor hysteresis … that’s not quite so easy to
take care of. The only hope there is that they are small enough to be neglected.
The same issue with hysteresis is actually a big limit on humidity compensation
of some devices. They adsorb water vapor at a very different rate than they desorb.
Modeling that can be really messy.

Bob