[time-nuts] LTC3780 Buck-Boost Regulator upgrade for HP5065A and others applications

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri May 20 09:37:11 UTC 2016

--------
In message <27391.1463721677 at timeok.it>, timeok at timeok.it writes:

>May be can be helpful.....
>
>The LTC3780 is a high performance buck-boost switching regulator controller
>that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage.
>
>I have planned to use it as pre-regulator in the HP5065A.

My advice:  Dont bother.

There are companies who delivers all that in a small tin for a very
reasonable price, and they are _way_ better at it.

I used a DC/DC converter module from Traco for exactly that, and
moved on to much more interesting things:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/hacks/HP5065A/20150930_dcdc/index.html