[time-nuts] US PNT Advisory Board

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun May 22 00:25:18 UTC 2016

Fellow time-nuts,

Earlier this week was the US PNT Advisory Board meeting in National
Harbor, MD. The Advisory Board is part of the GPS governance.

I see that the slide material is now up there:
http://www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/meetings/2016-05/

It was an interesting exercise and the presentation was well received.
It was nice interacting with the members of the advisory board through-out.

Things that brings me to Washington. Ah well.

Met people like Brad Parkinson and Per Enge, which have a bit of
knowledge of GPS I guess.

People following the LightSquared/Ligato chain of events will find a few
of the presentations interesting.

The GPS status report is also interesting, with 39 satellites in the
constellation and 31 selected. Also check the L2C coverage, which is
pretty good by now. L5 isn't all there yet.

The U.S. Policy in Harold "Stormy" Martins presentation is interesting,
in that it takes a strong poing in interoperating with foreign GNSS
services.

Hope I get my bags tomorrow, didn't make it in the quick transfer as I
went home.

Cheers,
Magnus