[time-nuts] HP5065A environmental sensitivities

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun May 22 17:32:15 UTC 2016

--------
In message <02878E59-0BAE-4220-8A86-5E59F0CA5F44 at n1k.org>, Bob Camp writes:

>'We ... errr... measured the temperature rise in our box and need to adjust
>the upper end temperature on your part'.

yeah, I know that story:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/hotsun/

That's the CPU/fan cover for a SUN Ultrasparc/60 where the fan connector
was not reattached after somebody messed with it...

What surprises me about the HP5065 is that they could quite easily have
done better than they did, but I suspect they had to make sure the specs
were meaningfully worse than the HP5061...