[time-nuts] I thought GPS repeated every 12 hours (-2 minutes)

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Mon May 23 22:43:33 UTC 2016

Hello Nuts,

I am attaching a capture from Lady Heather of a 3-day run.  You can see the
temperature vary by 7C over each day.  The TB is being run open loop and
another GPSDO 10MHz input to the unit instead of the unit's oscillator.

I expected the purple line to repeat every 12 hours based on the GPS
constellation being the same (which maybe it kind of does), but there is
definitely a 24 hour repeat.  What is really weird is that the number of
satellites that LH sees also repeats on a 24 hour cycle, not 12 (bottom
trace).

Any help in understanding this behavior?  Thanks in advance.

Skip Withrow

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>