[time-nuts] I thought GPS repeated every 12 hours (-2 minutes)

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 25 01:11:00 UTC 2016

HI

The gotcha with anything local is the sidereal day repeat pattern The local stuff would have to
be very solar oriented to be slipping at exactly that rate over a few months of data.  My guess
is that when *this combo* gets into *that position* and *this multi path* happens … you get a
glitch. It’s not there for long, but it is there.

Credit where credit is due … some guy named Tom (who also drives around with 6 5071’s on
a regular basis … handing them out to strangers) spotted the sidereal day time slip. I had been
chasing it as if it was 24 hours and some weird local “train goes by an midnight” sort of thing.

Bob