[time-nuts] So what’s inside that Cs Beam Tube anyway?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Nov 2 14:53:34 UTC 2016

This has probably been covered here before, but, at least going
to the 5071A, now 25 years ago!, all CBT's, whether high
performance or not, have the same amount of cesium inside.
This means that the standard performance (never call it
"low" performance) CBT has enough cesium to last 30 years!
Thus for those tubes, we can rule out cesium replenishment
even if it were possible.

Rick