[time-nuts] 12.6GhZ Yb clock - was Cs tube pics

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:10:36 UTC 2016

Dear Bob,

The error signal (readout is optical, with a laser) you get from tuning the
microwaves from your synthesis chain to the 12.6 GHz hyperfine transition
in Yb is not continuous. There's a measurement sequence of state
preparation etc that means you only get an error measurement every 10 to
100 s. so you need a good flywheel in between.

Cheers
Michael