[time-nuts] Satellite TV messed up, how is GPS time

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Fri Nov 4 18:50:02 UTC 2016

On Nov 4, 2016 19:45, "Bill Hawkins" <bill.iaxs at pobox.com> wrote:

> Satellite TV (Dish, Direct, etc) has been having trouble for 10 hours or
> so, sometimes losing some channels and occasionally all of them.
>
> Fox News is consistently down, so it could have a human cause, but Space
> Weather says we have unusual solar activity.
>
> I no longer have GPS time receivers, so I wonder how GPS is doing.

GPS timekeeping seems to be working fine here in Switzerland.

My situation here today was coincidentally similar to yours: a local
failure with some cableco equipment left me without TV or internet for a
few hours, so the GPS receivers were the only things keeping my network in
sync. No need for holdover, fortunately.

Cheers!
-Pete