[time-nuts] Satellite TV messed up, how is GPS time

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 22:21:39 UTC 2016

Peter...

The rise in the noise floor on Ku was not sufficient to cause
programming outage.

When I was running the satellite receive system in Miami,
we never had problems with Ku downlinks during the twice
yearly sun outage.

My customers in the news department got very upset when their
C-Band feeds went into the dumper.

They didn't understand why some of the satellite feeds (Ku),
including DirecTV and Dish, were not affected.

Don
W4WJ

In a message dated 11/4/2016 5:04:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,