[time-nuts] Satellite TV messed up, how is GPS time

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Nov 4 22:23:16 UTC 2016

On 11/4/2016 6:04 PM, Peter Vince wrote:
> Sorry Don, I beg to differ.  The effects are often not noticeable in these
> days of digital television, but the noise-floor can definitely be seen to
> rise dramatically on a spectrum analyser.
>
>      Regards  (ex BBC TV, London)
>

> On 4 November 2016 at 21:51, Don Murray via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> DirecTV and DishNetwork are on Ku-Band platforms.
>> Ku-Band is not affected by sun outage.
>>
>> Don
>> W4WJ

I no longer have DISH but I did have it a year ago and the outage
happened every year like clockwork , they even sent me a notice that I
could expect a sun outage and I did.. I also experienced outages every
time a thunderhead at 30,0000+ feet got between me and the satellite as well

--
Dave
Manuals at ArtekManuals.com