[time-nuts] Logging SPAD pulses on synced devices (was: Linux PPS clues?)

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Nov 5 06:10:24 UTC 2016

Ilia
Circuit diagrams are  posted here from time to time, so it should be OK.
Bruce

    On Saturday, 5 November 2016 7:02 PM, Ilia Platone <info at iliaplatone.com> wrote:

 Hi, and thank you for these suggestions.

Currently this project becomes reality (slowly): this kind of
synchronization/grabbing is very interesting, but I need something fast
(I expect the SPAD with active quenching circuitry could output 30ns
pulses, and the quantization frequency I hope to run at is 350/450MHz
range).
Anyway, I found some FPGA code for so fast UART, not difficult to
implement, and using these kind of devices this system you propose can
be built from scratch, including a small buffer.

Can I post an LTSpice drawing for review here describing the active
quenching circuitry?

Best Regards,
Ilia

On 11/05/16 04:48, Casey L. Jones wrote:
> Yes, you might need a separate dedicated chip to take in the serial
> input steadily. Although you may not. Many serial ports have a small
> buffer to prevent missed serial input when the operating system gets
> distracted with something other than processing serial data.

Ilia Platone
via Ferrara 54
47841
Cattolica (RN), Italy