[time-nuts] I love the smell of tantalum in the morning

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Nov 5 19:55:55 UTC 2016

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> Having not done SMT before, how should I do it with minimal risk to the
> very precious PCB. Or, what equipment should I use this as a good excuse
> to buy?

If you can get at it, 2 soldering irons, one on each end, works reasonably
well.  When both ends are melted, just push the part out of the way.
Small/light things like 0805 resistors will frequently stick to one of the
tops by surface tension of the liquid solder.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.