[time-nuts] Lady Heather and LeapSecond

n3izn at aol.com n3izn at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 00:09:02 UTC 2016

Where will the file go?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com>
To: time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2016 2:37 pm
Subject: [time-nuts] Lady Heather and LeapSecond

Yes,  and it will also automatically do a screen dump to the file "leap_sec.gif" That all assume that the GPS device reports a leap second as 23:59:60.   Some devices duplicate 23:59:59 or 00:00:00   I have also seen one say 00:00:60

The next version of Lady Heather internally handles time differently.  Instead of dragging around variables for year,month,day,hours,minutes,seconds,fractions-of-second, it now keeps time in double precision Julian date variables (for gps, utc, local, and astronomical times).  When those are converted to hours/minutes/seconds for display the 23:59:60 was coming out 00:00:00 .  I had to implement a special flag that says to show it as 23:59:60  ...  hopefully that all works...  it did when my Z3801A did a false leap-second at the end of September.