[time-nuts] Thinking outside the box a super reference

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Nov 6 10:46:10 UTC 2016

Hoi Rick,

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 08:32:58 -0700
"Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com> wrote:

> In the 5071, the only place 9192 shows up is in the
> microwave module that is directly attached to the
> coax to waveguide transition into the cavity.

Ah.. neat! That's a nice way to avoid any stray field!

> There are no frequencies anywhere that are sub
> harmonics of 9192.  Incidentally, there are no
> frequencies anywhere that are coherent with
> 50 Hz, 60 Hz, etc line frequencies.  Nothing
> is by accident when Len Cutler is involved.

Interesting. I guess the choice not to sync to line frequency
was to avoid any kind of offset that would cause and instead
let the system "average" the line noise?

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.