[time-nuts] HP 5275A

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:59:21 UTC 2016

Slightly off-topic, as this is a general repair question. But it's a TIC.

I'm repairing a 5275A timer (all-discreet count logic to 100MHz, neon bulb
display, a most amazing bcd to decimal decoder made from neons and LDRs,
1-2-2-4 decade counters ..) and the current problem is a 2n1038-2 germanium
T05 transistor in the power supply.

It's mounted in an aluminium bush which is then isolated from the chassis.
I don't think the bush is also a collet but I can't see how to remove the
transistor. It resists ungentle pushing .. should I push it with a hammer ?
Or is there a kinder way ?

(I'm hoping to eventually put this into a system with a 101A oscillator and
a 9815A calculator to measure the ADEV of a Boule electric pendulum clock).