[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Nov 10 16:00:59 UTC 2016

> Could I implement my own personal WWVB transmitter that would
> be powerful enough to be picked up by the clocks in my house?
> The signal at 60 KHz might be able to be produced directly by some
> sound cards.   With that and a ferrite rod antenna I might get
> reliable time elsewhere in my house outside of my lab.
>
> Has anyone tried this?
>
> Pete.

Pete,

There's lots of examples of this in the archives. It's quite easy to do.

You can sometimes find someone who has done all the work for you. For example:

http://unusualelectronics.co.uk/product/chronvertor-module

http://unusualelectronics.co.uk/ebay/manuals/Chronvertor_User_Manual_v2.1.pdf

/tvb