[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Nov 10 18:28:36 UTC 2016

Alex wrote:

> And how about that many, many "radiator" which are moving up and down
> with their carriers and don't give a damn about FCC Part 15 and
> radiating radiating day and night with substantial power, I meant that
> FFC approved and not approved switching mode power supplies

SMPSs are "incidental radiators" under Part 15 (these days, some are
"unintentional radiators").

As a practical matter, the Enforcement Division takes "intentional
radiators" (like a WWVB simulator or re-transmitter, or a pirate radio
station) much more seriously than IRs and URs.

Best regards,

Charles