[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Heinz Breuer hbreuer at debitel.net
Fri Nov 11 10:10:18 UTC 2016

Well I guess I am lucky to live only 20km from the DCF77 transmitter. I can receive DCF77 with a wet finger. I can even use a DCF77 controlled OCXO as my 10MHz standard. Probably not as good as a GPSDO but should be within 1x10^-10 or even better, well enough for my hamradio applications which is shortwave to UHF.
If I ever get to it I will try to measure the frequency error of the DCF77 controlled oscillator over the day. I guess not much difference as I receive groundwave all day.

Even at my second home in southern France I have a strong DCF77 signal during the night with an indoor antenna (5cm ferrit rod).
Heinz DH2FA

Von meinem iPhone gesendet