[time-nuts] How can I measure GPS Antenna quality?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 20 22:13:58 UTC 2016

Is that even a sensible question?  Is there a better way to phrase it?

The problem I'm trying to avoid is that the weather and the satellite
geometry change over time so I can't just collect data for X hours, switch to
the other antenna or move the antenna to another location, collect more data,
then compare the two chunks of data.

The best I can think of would be to setup a reference system so I can collect
data from  2 antennas and 2 receivers at the same time.  It would probably
require some preliminary work to calibrate the receivers.  I think I can do
that by swapping the antenna cables.

If I gave you a pile of data, how would you compute a quality number?  Can I
just sum up the S/N slots for each visible/working satellite?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.