[time-nuts] Need for a document comparing time interval counters

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Nov 21 13:22:57 UTC 2016

I had a 53230 the last few years I worked for Agilent.
The oven oscillator in it is inferior to a 10811.
Its only claim to fame IMHO is that it can measure
Allan Deviation.  Turns out that we really needed
Hadamard, but it doesn't do that.  It is very expensive.
The old Santa Clara Division with the counter expertise
has now been gone nearly 20 years.  The counter line
has been offshored.  The expertise over there is
a complete unknown.

Rick