[time-nuts] How can I measure GPS Antenna quality?

bg bg at lysator.liu.se
Tue Nov 22 06:06:56 UTC 2016

Hi Atilla,
Read the document below
https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/ANTCAL/docs/NGSantcalprocedures.pdf
And the reference within
        antenna_README.pdf
Antennas are generally not calibrated individually by the user. You make sure the antenna you buy are in the ANTCAL or Geo++ lists. Any use of a snow cone should be with one the antenna was measured with.
Browse around for your favorite antenna vendor at
https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/ANTCAL/
MfG
     Björn
Sent from my smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch>
Now I wonder how the calibration data for mass produced geodetic antenna
are collected. I very much doubt they put them outside for a couple
of days to measure them exactly.

			Attila Kinali