[time-nuts] 53132 replacement fan

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Nov 22 15:54:43 UTC 2016

Works to a point, but there are two bearings in every
such fan that I have ever seen.  Only the truly small
fans have a single bearing (think CPU/GPU fan in your
PC).

The typical arrangement found under the label is a
clip (metal or plastic), a washer, a ball (or
sleeve) bearing, a spring, another ball (or sleeve)
bearing, a washer, and then finally the armature.

You have to remove the label, remove the clip from the
shaft, and the fan and hub will slide off.  Then you
lube *both* bearings and reassemble.

-Chuck Harris