[time-nuts] Best replacement for Trimble Bullet antenna

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Wed Nov 23 06:05:28 UTC 2016

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 9:39 PM, Dennis Lloyd <dlloyd at musi-tronics.com> wrote:
>
> Your problem will be Birds and Debris, it is flat and you will have interruptions and phase shifts.
>
> Did you not understand why we use pointed antennas for timing and fixed installations.

No, I guess I didn’t.

That said, our cats seem to be doing a good job discouraging any birds, and I can see the antenna mornings when I go out to the car and there’s been no debris problem I’ve been able to detect.

If it were required, I’d suspect it would be fairly easy to 3D print a pointy hat from radio-transparent plastic.