[time-nuts] HP 55300A

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Nov 23 22:43:26 UTC 2016

When I was testing the E1938A I used to run the environmental
test chamber up to 85 degrees C, let the unit stabilize for
a while, and then dump liquid nitrogen into the chamber
to go to -55 degrees C in something like 2 minutes.  The
temperature inside the crystal oven fluctuated maybe a millidegree
and the frequency fluctuated maybe 5 parts in 10^-12 during
this event.  IE, you don't need to worry about a fan blowing
on your OCXO, if it is any good.

Rick