[time-nuts] Excel logarithmic function (was Thermal impact on OCXO)

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 04:21:42 UTC 2016

Hi Lars,

There are a few other pieces I have yet to fully appreciate. One of which
is that Aln(Bt+1) isn't a time-invariant model. In the most common case
(for the mfg) the time scale aligns with infancy of the OCXO, when it's hot
off the line. However after pre-aging, perhaps some service life, what time
reference is best? Sometime I will try adding an additional parameter for
infancy time and see how that goes.

A fit of the full ten year data-set, attached in the two plots
"Lars_10Year.png", "Lars_10Year_45Day.png".

I would agree to your description of 1/sqrt(t) aging for the first 1000
days, but sometime after, it follows 1/t. Attached is plot of age rate
"Lars_AgeRate.png". You can see during the first 1000 days the age rate
declines at 1 decade for 2 decades time indicating t^(-1/2), but eventually
it follows 1/t.