[time-nuts] Vintage Quartz Crystal Manufacturing

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Nov 26 21:58:04 UTC 2016

Hi Adrisn:

The BC-611 Walkie-Talkie is a crystal controlled 2-way radio where there are a set of 4 components that need to be
changed whenever a different frequency is needed.  This needs to be done in a workshop and not it the field.
http://www.prc68.com/I/BC611.shtml
Those 4 components are the Rx crystal, Tx crystal, Tank coil and antenna coil.
All of these were marked with the radio frequency rather than typical parameters for a component.
So just because a component is marked with a frequency you can not be sure it's a crystal, coil or whatever.

The URC-4 survival/rescue radio uses cylindrical crystals CR-24/U package):
http://www.prc68.com/I/URC4.html#Components

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke