[time-nuts] RPi/ beagle bone-like computer without video

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 30 23:26:38 UTC 2016

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> I'm looking for a small linux single board - similar to RPi or  Beaglebone
> Black, but don't need the HDMI, or video stuff.

Don't limit your search to things that doen't have what you don't need.  It
may be cheaper to get a high volume part and ignore the sections you don't
need.

I learned that ages ago when a TI rep suggested a codec chip for an A/D.  We
just ignored half the chip.  It did what we needed at a lower cost that any
of the alternatives we could find.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.