[time-nuts] Rare HP clock

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 16:01:16 UTC 2016

I can not find the item on EBAY , Ulrich

In a message dated 10/3/2016 11:51:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jn6wfo at gmail.com writes:

According to my -hp- catalogs it was available only in rack-mount  form, not
in a cabinet. That suggests it was being marketed to a specific  small group
so it may indeed have been manufactured in small  quantities.

Jeremy

On Monday, October 3, 2016, Magnus  Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> Since you  force-feed it 100 KC at the back, no crystal would be needed.
>
>  Cheers,
> Magnus
>
> On 10/03/2016 04:57 PM, paul swed  wrote:
>
>> Also notice the missing something on the far right  that may have been
some
>> xtal or something.
>> I went to  look for a manual to see what it was. No luck though the
manual
>>  may be out there.
>> I would say its rare, but the price is going to  most likely go up
because
>> it is a bid.
>> Great winter  project but not worth a lot of $ to me at least. Good luck
>>  whoever gets it.
>> Regards
>> Paul
>>  WB8TSL
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Bob Camp  <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi
>>>
>>> Rare is indeed a relative term. I would  certainly call it rare, but
>>> others
>>> might  not.
>>> You likely would be the only person on your block who has  one :)
>>>
>>> In the picture of the innards you can  see a number of fine old wet slug
>>> tantalum
>>>  capacitors. One even appears to have goo leaking out of it. I’d plan
on
>>> having a
>>> lot of fun tracking down this or  that part to get it working reliably.

>>>  time-nuts at febo.com>

VINTAGE