[time-nuts] Need Time Help

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Oct 5 14:35:21 UTC 2016

Yes I'd be curious in knowing more about this as well.  I've often observed time differences from other stations of several tenths of a second when running the JT modes on HF.  Although I am beginner at EME I have made a couple of EME (earth moon earth) JT65 contacts on VHF without taking any special measures to sync the time on a Windows XP machine beyond using the built in features of the operating system to sync to my own local time server which was in turned synced to the 1 pps output of a GPS timing receiver.

I've also made FSK441 contacts (another related form of amateur radio digital communications) in the field without any time reference besides the free running clock in my Windows xp laptop.  If there is a significant performance improvement to be had with these modes by having time nuts levels of timing precision on my computers I'd be very interested to know more.

All the best
Mark S

Sent from my iPhone