[time-nuts] Measure GPSDO stability with minimum resources?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Oct 5 22:46:58 UTC 2016

I just noticed that my reply didn't go to the list so...
Thanks for the reply.  What I'm really looking for is a way to do everything in the PIC.  I've been experimenting with saving the DAC value in a circular queue every 20 seconds for 60 minutes, and plotting the difference value between the head and tail of the queue every second.  After posting this question, I took another look at the overall behavior and decided to cut the queue size down from 60 minutes to 5.  At the moment, I'm doing a trial run of integrating the difference values starting at the point where I decide that it's locked.  Maybe I'll gain enough insight from this to get a better idea on calculating the aging rate.  The 5 minute queue seems to give me a good indication of how well the PLL is locked.  Maybe saving the integrated values into a longer queue that's sampled once every 5 minutes will give me something for aging rate.

AE6RV.com

GFS GPSDO list:
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GFS-GPSDOs/info