[time-nuts] Inexpensive Alternative to a 5120A

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Oct 7 19:09:41 UTC 2016

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> I happen to use the ethernet one, but I would imagine the USB one also
> works fine. I've had more trouble with non-standard USB devices (e.g.  not a
> disk drive, keyboard, mouse, or serial port) on Linux than on  Windows or
> Mac OSX - but I don't know what the GPIB-USB looks like.  Others on the list
> have probably used it.

I use the USB version from Linux.  It works fine.

There is one trick.  It expects hardware handshaking which needs the right
magic parameters to open or an ioctl type step to set them.  You can fake
that with short delays in the right places.  Or use some wrapper package that
does it for you.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.