[time-nuts] Fwd: CGSIC: Best Practices for Leap Second Event Occurring on 31 December 2016

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 15 15:49:16 UTC 2016

Fellow time-nuts,

I think this might be of some interest.

I think the third paragraph is of interest, as it makes clear that
owners of equipment have to ensure themselves that it will operate
properly with regard to leap-seconds.

I think that for the most part, this is a fairly well written thing.
Another document is under works with DHS and I helped editing it towards
this type of language.

There have been a raising awareness of the practical issues with use of
GPS, and DHS has taken an increasing active role in producing
recommendations, many of which is useful outside of the US.
It's been interesting to provide input to this process and make them
understand that mundane issues can pose a larger practical threat than
intentional threats.

Oh, you might enjoy reading my own paper:
http://www.rubidium.se/~magnus/papers/GPSincidentA6.pdf

Cheers,
Magnus