[time-nuts] 1PPS to 32.768 khz

Jim Harman j99harman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 04:18:19 UTC 2016

Hi Lee,

It's not exactly what you asked for, but for your clock you might give this
a try, or consider using the underlying DS3231 chip directly.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/255

It is basically a much more accurate and stable than usual 32KHz
oscillator, with a TCXO that you can actually tweak programatically with a
resolution of about 0.1 ppm.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Lee - N2LEE via time-nuts <
time-nuts at febo.com> wrote:

> First let me say this is first time I have posted to the group so go easy
> on me. :)
> Secondly I want everyone to know that you guys make me feel so NORMAL for
> wanting to use and understand accurate timing devices.
>
> I thought there was something seriously wrong with me now I know there are
> others
> affected with the same disease. hehe
>
> Now my questions.
>
> 1. Does anyone know of a device that will take a 1PPS GPS timing signal
> and generate a 32.768 kHz sine wave output ?
> I have big digital clock that uses an 8 bit micro processor and an
> external 32.768 crystal. Obviously the external crystal is
> awful for accuracy.
>
> I have searched every where using as many search terms as I can think of
> and can’t believe there is not a device that performs
> this function.
>
> I have found a couple of Epson RTC chips that might come close that 1pps
> but I don’t think that corrects the 32khz just the clock time.
>
> 2. 10 Mhz Freq Standard
> I am not in the same league as the majority of the list members and just
> starting to dabble in GPSDO stuff.
> I have tried to find a thunderbolt as a starting device but it appears
> those are either dried up or people want too much money.
>
> I wanted to get the opinion of anyone who has tried the Leo Bodnar GPSDO ?
> For the money it appears to offer a beginner a lot of features.
>
> Thanks and reading the daily digest of what you guys are working on.
> I have a feeling if I am not careful you guys could cost me a lot of
> money. hehe
>

> Lee

--Jim Harman